So I came over a issue I have not seen for some time (and between us I had forgotten out the old issue with ANSI and UNICODE Outlook PST files). When you open Outlook and try and click on your personal folders or mail box folders you receive an error stating:
“The requested operation failed”
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007:
Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened.
With thanks to the Microsoft KB Article 252304 located here – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252304
The issue is related to the Outlook.exe program running under compatibility mode within Windows, therefore to fix this issue carry out the following steps taken from the above KB Article.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Locate Outlook.exe.
Outlook.exe is typically located in one of the following folders, depending on the version of Outlook that you are running:
- Outlook 2010C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Outlook 2003C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11
- Outlook 2002C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10
- Outlook 2000C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 9
- Right-click Outlook.exe, and then click Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, click to clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
- Click OK.
- Try to start Outlook.